Thursday, July 7, 2011

An Update On The Other Contest

by Crazy Ivan

Just a quickie here before I head off to work.  I updated everyone yesterday on the Summer Photo contest, but I still have another contest that's in limbo as well.  When this blog first began, I announced a contest for followers.  The first 50 followers would be put in a drawing for a Pakisack and one would be randomly selected once we reached that 50 mark.

Well, as many of you have noted, we're over 50 followers now so it's high time for that drawing.

Unfortunately, until I get back to NYC, I'm cut off from my supply of groovy Pakisacks so it'll be the 2nd week of August before I'll have the chance to actually send out the prize.  For that reason, I'm going to delay the drawing itself until then.

There are a couple of good reasons.  The first is obvious; there's no reason to make the winner suffer through a month of knowing that they won but not having their prize.  The other is that I want to extend the eligibility to everyone who signs up to follow the blog between now and then.

See, one of the conditions of this contest is that Myachi employees are not eligible to win.  And since at least a few of the 52 current followers are Myachi employees, we don't actually have 50 eligible followers.  That doesn't really matter, of course.  We could still have the drawing and if I pull Bones or Pinky or someone as the winner, I can simply draw again.  That being said, more is better than less.

So look for that drawing on or about August 7th with the prize going out in the days immediately following it.  And sorry that I didn't get you this info a bit sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment