Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Talk About Mad Dedication

by Crazy Ivan

When you're away from home for a long period, you start to miss the small nuances of wherever you live.  Whenever I see a pretzel vendor or a movie that that shows the New York skyline or somebody cuts me off in traffic, I start feeling homesick.

That's why it's really good to see a familiar face now and again.  That happened today a little while after we opened up.

Omega (also known as one of the several "Boss Tweeds" on the forum) became a contender for the "longest distance traveled to play Myachi" title when he showed up at Dollywood all the way from Long Island.

Before you call that insane, I should explain that he didn't come all the way just for Myachi.  He was already visiting his grandpa in North Carolina and was only a few hours from us at that point.  And, of course, there's more to do at Dollywood than just play Myachi.  But I will say with confidence that had we not been there, he wouldn't have asked his grandpa to come so far just to ride the ThunderHead (which would totally be worth the drive by the way).

Anyway, he picked up a bunch of the 5.1s, played in a few contests, met Bamboo and Kore for the first time, jammed out, learned some new tricks and reminded me how much I miss all the NY maniacs.  It was great to see him and we can't thank grandpa enough for bringing him out.  Grandpas tend to be pretty awesome about stuff like that.

Incidentally, I'd love to get the actual number on the furthest distance travelled to play Myachi and/or see a Myachi Master.  I know there are a few pretty impressive numbers, so if you think you might hold that record, let us know in the comments section, the forum or Facebook.

1 comment:

  1. i am a myachi maniac in spain I can only get on the internet hand sack thanks to the videos I can keep learning new tricks every day, thanks.

    ReplyDelete