Wednesday, July 27, 2011

An Engagement Extended

by Crazy Ivan

There have been rumors for a while now but we finally got confirmation that our stay at Dollywood has been extended by a week.  We'll be hanging out for their "Dollywood Nights" celebration, which is a week long thing where they keep the park open until 10 am.  All I can say is "... Glowsticks!"

We're all really excited about it.  Pinky, Kore, Bones, Bamboo, Rush and I have been having a lot of fun these past few weeks and we were all kind of hoping for a little more time here.  The people at Dollywood are awesome and I'm going to miss a lot of them when I leave.  Plus it's a chance to make another week's worth of maniacs.

But like all things, there's a downside too.  I have to wait another week to see my cats, for one.  And they probably forgot what I smell like by now.  More importantly, anyone in NY who is looking forward to seeing Bones, Bamboo or Rush again is going to have to wait.  Anyone who hangs out at HQ and has been missing Pinky or myself will have to wait another week.

Ultimately, that's no big deal.  What is a big deal is that anyone who was looking forward to me being done with Dollywood so I could go back to my normal (frenetic) blogging pace is going to have to wait another week.  With the crazy hours we're working I've been updating this thing a few times a week instead of a few times a day.  My contests have been in limbo, I'm barely on the forum, the Trick of the Day videos are getting uploaded after 11, I haven't even reviewed the 5.1x series yet, I haven't been on for the Wednesday Night Brawl in ages and there hasn't been a Wednesday Quiz in months.

I'm looking forward to this extra week, but I feel like I owe our loyal readers an apology at the same time.  Our new final date is August 14th, but we're hoping to hang out in Tennessee for a few days after so we might not be back in NYC until the 18th or 19th.  Expect me to go crazy making up for lost time on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment