Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Downward Spiral Has Ended

by Crazy Ivan

So I'll admit that I take a lot of pride in the performance of this blog.  When we have days with very few views, it saddens me and I am inconsolable.  When we have days with a lot of views, I am overwhelmed with joy.

Okay, so maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I do follow the numbers really closely.  If we're close to a record day, I'll toss out a quick entry in hopes of pushing the numbers up.  If we're having a really bad week I'll blog like crazy in the last few days to try to even things up.  I check the stats on this thing at least 3 or 4 times a day.

This is why it was so distressing to let the blog go for such a long period over the summer.  I was still writing an entry here and there, of course, but with our insane work schedule I wasn't able to keep up in the manner I had before.  Well, I'm happy to say that the downward spiral has ended.

Our peak month with this blog was in May when we had well over 8000 views, but starting in June (the month I went to Dollywood), the numbers took a precipitous decline.  They were lower in June than they had been since March (the month after I started this blog) and in July they dipped even lower, setting a record for the slowest month we've had so far.

To be honest, August hasn't been much better.  I was still at Dollywood for the first half of it, I was mad busy catching up with other stuff when I got back and I haven't blogged at all over the past two weekends.  But that being said, the trend line reversed as of today (and as of 2 minutes before I started writing this entry).  We now have 1 more view in August than we had in July.

Sure, one view isn't much, but the important thing is that it changes the trend.  July was the bottom and now we can worry about building things back up.  August was still a really slow month and will almost certainly end as the second slowest month all time (unless this random entry goes viral), so it will still be really easy to do better in September.  By October we hope to be back up into the lofty numbers we were posting in May.

None of this matters much, of course.  This blog is here as a resource for dedicated Myachi Maniacs and it serves that purpose whether it gets 270 views a day or 270 views a week.  That being said, I'm all about the eyeballs so I'm always stoked about people reading the stuff I'm writing.  Keep it up!

1 comment:

  1. So, I just started with my Myachi at the beginning of the summer when I went to New York. I have since then loved just jamming by myself in my room. This blog and the Trick of the Days have helped me so much. Keep it up, I think that you are awesome.

    STWAKOJ
    Micron

    ReplyDelete