Friday, August 19, 2011

Contest Winners

by Crazy Ivan

It's kind of sad looking back over the original posts on these contests where I laid out the rules and dates and everything... just to change them repeatedly over the next few weeks and months.  I hope that everyone understands the incredible difficulty I had trying to keep up with the blog and the Trick of the Day while I was at Dollywood for the summer, but I'm back now so there are no more excuses for delay.

We had two contests that needed to be wrapped up, so I'm going to start with the photo contest and move on to the Follower contest.

Originally I promised 3 prizes for the photo contest, but given the incredibly small response we saw (even after the contest was extended for 6 weeks), I'm only going to be giving out two prizes.  Sorry to all the other entrants, but there were so few photos it would seem silly to pick a top 3 and if I truly randomized one of the pics, I would likely be sending multiple prizes to a single entrant.

So without further ado, the top prize (and a 5.0 of his choice) will go to our dearest friend from across the pond, Europe's premiere Myachi Maniac and the pride of Switzerland, Myachi Max!  His pics win out for the overall "Best Picture" Prize:


Mad fun pic and definitely captures the whole "Summer with Myachi" concept of the contest.  So Max, we owe you a 5.0 or 5.1 of your choice.  Just pm me on Facebook and let me know what you want... it will take a minute to get it to you (obviously), but it'll be on its way soon.

The second prize goes out for the most artistic photo and that one certainly goes to Animal's friend (and Myachi's friend) Hetzer for his homage to "Son of Man".  And I'll be able to give him his prize in person so it will make up for the extra postage cost of sending one prize to Max:


Over all, a very cool concept pic, though I'm not sure that it looks like he's having as much fun as Max.  Either way, the prizes are equal so I owe Hetzer a 5.0 or 5.1 of his choice as well.

------


And of course, I've got that other contest to finish up as well.  This contest has been going for about 8 months now so it's long overdue for resolution.

When we first started the blog I announced a contest that would be eligible for the first 50 people who signed up to "follow" the Myachi Blog.  We got our 50th follower while I was in Tennessee so I extended it to being eligible for how ever many followers we had by the time I returned (57 as it turns out).

To select the winner I went to an online random number generator and punched in 1 through 57.  The first number I got wasn't going to work (it turned out that Pinky had won the contest...) so I tried again and got the number 29.  In my weird way of counting the followers, the 29th follower was/is Myth, so...

Congratulations, Myth, you're now the proud owner of a sick Pakisack... I just don't know exactly who you are, so you'll have to help me out there.  Leave a message here and/or send me a pm on Facebook and we'll work out how we're going to get your prize to you.  Because this might take a few days (or weeks depending on how soon you read this blog), I'm not going to say which Pakisack you'll get.  I'm afraid that if the communication bit takes too long I might not have the same one available, but I assure you, it will be an awesome and rare sack that you will love.

Anyway, that pretty much catches me up on contests, but that means we have to get another one going in the very near future.  Look for two contest announcements starting in the next few days.  One will be announced later this evening and the other will pop up over the weekend or on Monday.  And hopefully this time I won't have to delay anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment