Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Commercial Shoot Part Two

by Crazy Ivan

So we just wrapped day 1 of the commercial shoot and man, this is going to be one awesome ad!

The shoot was hectic and crazy the way these things always are.  Many of the kids in the commercial had to hang out for some 5 hours before we actually got them in front of the camera.  Luckily they are more patient than me because they all seemed pretty stoked even that deep into the day.

We did the first chunk of shooting here at the HQ.  MM, Kid, Pinky, Kore, Mav, Animal, Monk and I all got in here and there (they let me wear my stilts!!!) and we even did some 2, 3 and 4 person jams.  Mantis threw down a 4 sack juggle for them, Charles and Jacksib threw down sick shreds, Iceman tossed in a mini-shred (we were running late) and his little sister and Jacksib's little sister also threw out a tandem jam that was pretty sick.

But the star of the show didn't show up until late.  I know what you're thinking.  Who could be more impressive than Mantis or Jacksib?  Who could outdo Mav and Monk?  Who could be cooler than Animal or Kore?  Well, I'll tell you since you asked.

Her name is Jessica (Myachi Name: Jazz, short for DJ Jazzy Jess), she's 9 years old and she's got mad skills.  She also happens to be adorable, but she wasn't resting on the laurels of cuteness.  She threw down an Instep Stall > Toe Stall > Outside Stall > Wolverine.  And she's 9 Years Old!  The whole place erupted after we saw her throw down.

Afterwards, the gang loaded up and headed to the second location, Northshore Middle School.  We got special permission to shoot in the halls and we grabbed all the many Maniacs and headed that way.  Actually, when I say we I should exclude me.  Pinky and I had to stay back and man the office but truth be told, I was happy that we did.  Obviously we had done our on-camera part and we both still had some work to get done today so we let MM and Kid take it from there.

They finished up about half an hour ago.  Junkie just swung by on his way from the shoot (did I mention that Junkie is also in the commercial?  Talk about star power!) and picked up a couple of 5.0s (did I mention that 5.0s are also in the commercial?  What a cast!).  I'm going on his word here, but he said it was awesome and everyone had a blast.

We still have one more day of shooting so I'm trying to stay amped up for that one as well.  Easy to do because we're all so excited about this commercial.  Could be the biggest thing that ever happened to Myachi.  They say that Fushigi sold 3,000,000 units with their commercial and we have a product that is (a) far less expensive, (b) easier to use, (c) less likely to break, (d) more original and (e) more awesome.  That should be worth 30 million sales at least!

To give you an idea how busy it's been with the commercial shoot and the new series coming out, until Jacksib mentioned it this afternoon, I forgot that the Superbowl is only 3 days away.  Man, what a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment