Friday, July 15, 2011

Split Challenges

by Crazy Ivan

The other night we're all sitting around munching on fine American cuisine (Hot Pockets) at the Cabin of Skills.  I'm waiting for mine to cook, Bamboo is sitting at the bar by the kitchen, Bones and Kore are at the dining room table and Rush is on the couch.  Pinky was in bed by that time, which is why we were forced to resort to eating Hot Pockets.

Rather than take a bunch of time to describe the layout of the room (which is an essential part of this story), I decided to go the quicker route of drawing up a terrible looking map on Paint:

On Second thought, I shoulda just described it...
So in order to keep myself entertained while I'm waiting (for 3:30 on high), I decide to start throwing splits.  I've got two Myachis in my pocket and I toss a split where one goes to Bamboo and one goes to Kore.  It's a near/far split where both still have to go forward, so it was a fun challenge.

Of course, in this cabin you can't do a throw without it becoming a game, so I decided to try to hit every combination of two people in the room.  With Bamboo close and Rush so much farther away, it became a serious challenge.  It took a few tries on a couple of combos and we decided that the ceiling was too low for me to get the Rush/Bones split, but I got all the others in a few tries.

And then, of course, everyone was in on it.  We had so much fun that I forgot all about the lava-temperature pepperoni and cheese that was waiting for me, freshly nuked.

If you've never done it before, try it sometime.  It's best if you have two friends that are into the game (or at least have a descent catch), but you can even try it alone.  Set up two golf targets and try to throw into both of them at once.  The key to the split, of course, is that both Myachis have to come off the same hand.

Pop Shove Its, slow Heel Flips, Hard Flips and a few other unique hand motions will allow you to split into any two locations in a room with a little thought and a lot of practice.

And if you have trouble visualizing what I'm talking about, don't worry.  A video is coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment