Saturday, July 9, 2011

A Proposal

by Crazy Ivan

I know that as a Myachi Master I don't have all that much clout in world politics, but I'd like to exert what influence I do have with the following proposal.

As you might have gathered, I'm constantly butting up against deadlines this summer.  With the long days at Dollywood sucking up the majority of my day, I'm having a lot of trouble getting the blog updated, the trick of the day up, et cetera.  I've been trying to keep up, but there's only so much I can do.

So my proposal is that we simply move to a 26 hour day for the next month or so.  I figure there's a precedent for it, what with all the goofy weirdness that we do for daylight saving time.  We've already decided that congress has the power to manipulate time, so why not just give us a little more day each day?

With that extra two hours I could get all my work done every day and still have time left over to get 6 hours of sleep every night.  I recognize the arrogance of wanting to redefine the word "day" for one single person amongst the hundreds of millions in this country, but the way I figure it, everyone else could use a little more day as well.  Even if you have nothing on your itinerary beyond sleep and video games, the 26 hour day would at least give you more time for sleep and video games.

So write your congressman, start an online petition, write a letter to the editor or do whatever it is you do when the time comes to change the world.  I promise to make it worth your effort if we can spur the government into action.

Should they fail to act, I suppose I'll have to accept the fact that on some days I'll be unable to update the blog.  But that seems like an unnecessary sacrifice when we could just add a few hours to each day.

2 comments:

  1. Can we slow the revolution of the Earth?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now if we could just get Chuck Norris to see our side, we'll be set!

    ReplyDelete