Thursday, September 22, 2011

Attention Record Setters!

by Crazy Ivan


I have a Google alert set up for the word Myachi so a couple of times a day I get emails from Google when their little spiders pick up the word Myachi anywhere on the internet.  Most of the time, the emails just include links to this blog, the forum, a You-Tube video or an Ebay auction, but once in a while I come across something really cool.

Such was the case this morning when I got an alert about a website called RecordSetter.com.  It's an online database where people can submit world record attempts and video for any manner of challenge.  Some dude decided the other day to upload a bunch of his personal Myachi videos to get the ball rolling on Myachi representation on the site.

Seems like a pretty cool guy.  His name is Brian Pankey and he's a pretty accomplished juggler and skill toy enthusiast out of Springfield, Illinois.  He picked a dozen or so tricks and decided to set records for the most done in 30 seconds or a minute.

Now, I don't think for a second that this dude thinks he's the fastest in the world at this stuff.  I'm sure he's seen videos of people going a lot faster, so I'm assuming his main goal here was to get the database going.  So the least we can do is respond to the challenge.

I've already submitted a video to break his "Cold Fusions in 60 Seconds" record.  He'd done 67 (like I said, no illusions that he's the world's fastest) and I did 180.  My personal best is actually over 240, but I wanted to make sure that I could get my first video out without a drop so I didn't go for broke exactly.  I'll be adding a few more videos throughout the day, but I can't do it alone.

Which brings me to you.

We've got to run up these records, guys!  He's only put a few records up so far, but as we all know, there are hundreds of other tricks that we could submit.  Besides, it should be fun trying to run some of these numbers up.  I'm sure there are several people reading this blog who could beat my trifling 180 Cold Fusions in a minute.  And many if not all of you could beat some of the records that our boy Brian set.

The submission process is super simple.  You can upload your video to You-Tube and then just link it on their site.  You can sign in with your FB account or create a unique one.  The site's rules insist that everyone be at least 14 to submit, so be sure to play by the rules.  I'm not sure, but I think you only have to be 14 to create an account or submit, so if you're under 14 you could still set the record and then have somebody else upload it for you (there's a spot on the submission form where they can still give you credit for the record).

So a quick thanks to Brian Pankey for making us all aware of this seemingly very cool website and a thanks in advance to all the Myachi Maniacs that are going to go out there and crush Brian's records!

2 comments: