Thursday, August 11, 2011

A Collector Moment

by Crazy Ivan

I've met a ton of people this summer that are partial veterans of the game.  Many of the adults I run into now were once kids that I taught the game to.  Many of them have since fallen out of practice, but after a quick refresher course, most of the time they're jamming like they never put the Myachi down.

I've also met quite a few people that have old, rare Myachis hanging around somewhere.  Keep in mind that Dollywood was our largest venue back when we were selling series 1.0 so there are plenty of Calvins, Diggitys, Purple Hazes, Leopard Limes, etc. floating around in drawers and closets of the Dollywood-going public.

But tonight I saw something I hadn't seen yet.  A dude comes in and he's carrying a bag.  He says "You'll probably wanna see this," and motions me to the table in the back of our booth.  I nod and play along and wander back with him.  He opens up this bag and proceeds to pull out dozens of awesome sacks.  All of them are series sacks with the single exception of a Simply Sports Blue.  He's got the whole 4.3 series and a bunch of 4.4s, 4.2s, 4.0s... but he's also got some absolute gems.  He's got a slightly broken in Calvin, a Diggity in similar state, an uber-yummy Black Butter and a Slater.

Anyway, we chatted and it was like talking to an old friend.  Turns out he watches all our You-Tube videos, and I don't just mean all the ones on the Myachi Channel.  He also subscribes to my channel, Monk's channel, Mav's channel, Bones' channel, etc.  When I told him this was our last weekend there his first words were, "I bet you're looking forward to seeing your cats."

For those who aren't aware, he knew I had cats because of this video:



Anyway, thought it was pretty cool to run into such an avid fan of the game that I didn't already know.  He says he's going to be back on Saturday and I'll be sure to bring a few tradables.  I'm hoping to hook up with his Gray Beard and one of his Straight Jackets.

No comments:

Post a Comment