Saturday, October 1, 2011

A Quite Reasonable Delay

by Crazy Ivan


Alright, so I feel like I have a pretty good excuse for delaying the announcement of the winner of the essay contest, but I have no legitimate excuse for being a day late explaining it.

When I first announced the contest, it didn't really occur to me that it I'd scheduled it to end on Rosh Hashanah.  All I was looking at when I scheduled the contest was Pinky's birthday (the 28th) and I wanted to make sure that I would be done with all the birthday stuff before I had to finish up the contest.

But I've gotten a few emails requesting that I back up the final entry date from a lot of our loyal readers who are out of town, have relatives in town and are otherwise occupied with holiday festivities.  I guess it was a bit unfair to pick that date to begin with, so as per request, I'll be allowing for a few extra days for everybody to get their entries in order.

The new deadline for entry is midnight on Sunday night so there's a whole extra day (and an evening) to work on your entries.  The theme is pretty wide open so get creative, have fun, but also, get to work!!!  There's not much time left.

And, of course, to all of you who got your entries in on time, thanks and sorry for the delay.  I'll announce the winner (and the final decision on the prize) on Monday afternoon so the suspense will have to carry over for the rest of the weekend.

Good luck to all and thanks for all the submissions so far.  They've been a lot of fun to read (which I'll prove on Monday).

1 comment:

  1. UUUUHH ive been looking forward to this all day, i knew this would happen :( i just wanna know if i get my only rare for free :(

    ReplyDelete